Monday, February 21, 2011

Mother Daughter Daughter, Daughter Daughter

My mother and sister often get together for a "mother daughter daughter" day. Now that I have two daughters of my own, I think we need a new name because "mother daughter daughter, daughter daughter" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Its the beginning of a long weekend, and Vita and Anabelle happily await our visitors. I love this picture!


Here's Aunt Mary with Anabelle.


And Grandma Marianne with Anabelle... good times and smiles all around.


Vita came home from ballet class to see our guests. She was exhausted. Even after a nap she collapsed into our arms for more snuggling and a bit more sleep before she had the energy to play.


Grandma Marianne brought some clothes and Vita loved trying them all on.


Here Vita and Ernie are busily making structures. Vita is making a bridge. Later she added a ladder to the middle of the bridge.


Mary was ending a week long business trip, and was a little bit tired. Vita got a blanket and pillow for her, and even something to snuggle with.


Vita shushed anyone who tried to talk while Aunt Mary was napping. It was pretty cute.


All day, Anabelle wasn't herself. I thought she was cranky because she wouldn't nap. Every time I laid her down for a nap, she'd turn over in her sleep (a new skill) and wake up to find that she was on her tummy. While I'm sure the lack of sleep didn't help, it wasn't the whole story. Just as the day came to an end and Aunt Mary and Grandma Marianne drove off, I took Anabelle's temperature and found that she had her first little fever. Anabelle spend the rest of the weekend pretty miserable, with a stuffed up nose and low fever. Poor thing. She seems to be on the mend now, just in time to return to work with me.