Sunday, October 2, 2011

Apples, Pumpkins and the Beginning of Fall

Around here, the County Fair officially marks the end of summer and the beginning of fall.  It just happened to also be a beautiful sunny day.


The merry-go-round is still Vita's favorite ride.


But her favorite part of the Fair this year was either the bouncy house...


Or perhaps riding a pony for the very first time.


Despite the fact that we didn't get much sunshine during the summer, we're embracing the fall.  We went apple picking at an organic apple farm.


Vita loved running through the orchard.


And Anabelle was content to just be along for the ride during the apple picking.  Here she is enjoying the shade during our post apple picking picnic.




Story time with the girls.  Anabelle loves the books where she can lift flaps and touch things, and Vita loves the books that are short enough to memorize so she can "read" them to Anabelle.


Vita still enjoys art.  Here's Vita with the cutest worm and bunny ever drawn.


Anabelle's personality is really blossoming.  She's such a character!  She is very very expressive, and she lets us know exactly what she likes and dislikes, exactly what she wants and when she wants it.  Anabelle has the ability to make the loudest noises I have ever heard from any human.  She also has a smile that melts my heart.


When you hold Anabelle you REALLY have to hold on tight because she will try to lunge out as soon as you let your guard down.


Now that fall is here, we're even starting to get ready for Halloween.


We play dress up all the time.




This NASA astronaut jumpsuit is my favorite new addition to Vita's box of dress up clothes.  I swooped on this a few weeks ago when a local thrift store starting putting out their Halloween stuff.


In other BIG NEWS, Anabelle is starting to walk!  Yesterday she took her first steps, and today there were a few times when she took as many as eight steps on her own without holding on!!!  I don't have any video because (like most children) she stops doing whatever you want to film when she sees the camera.  It occurred to me that I haven't been adding videos of Anabelle like I did with Vita.  However, I have been taking video and I have lots and lots of it.  Perhaps in advance of Anabelle's upcoming birthday I will upload some video from the previous months, and maybe I'll even have some walking footage by then.  I just can't believe she's ALMOST ONE YEAR OLD!