Monday, December 7, 2009

TWO!!

On Friday, Vita turned two years old! Although I took the day off work, I brought Vita in to daycare for a short day because I knew all the kids would sing and make a big deal out of her birthday and I didn't want her to miss out on that. When I came to pick Vita up at 10 am, she was having so much fun she didn't want to come home!

Little did she know that when she returned home, she would find that the house was decorated with streamers and balloons, and that a party hat and presents were waiting for her. As soon as she walked in she yelled "HAT" "BALLOONS" "BIRTHDAY"!
And the balloons were so much fun it took her a little while to notice the brand new unwrapped Tonka dump truck just waiting to be played with.
Soon, Grandpa Bob and Mema Joan arrived for dinner... followed immediately by cake! I love Vita's face in the soft lighting of this picture.
Vita did her best to blow out the candles but needed just a little help with that part.
After dinner Vita opened up more presents. The next day, we headed to the San Jose Children's Museum, which was lots of fun. I thought most of it would be for older kids, but really it's perfect for toddlers.
Look at Vita's smile in the mirror.
In the bubble room, I think Ernie had more fun than Vita.
I'm glad that Vita does not seem to share my fear of heights.
Back at home, we changed into clean clothes and got ready to go out for sushi. While we were at the restaurant, Vita was getting antsy so I took her over to where a jazz band was playing. Vita was moving along to the music and having a great time. I asked Vita if she was dancing and she said "I'm rocking out, mom." I don't think Vita appreciated an interruption in her story time with Mema. Later on, there were even more presents... as Santa came a little early. Vita loves this ladybug towel, and insisted on sleeping in it last night.
All in all, it was a great birthday and a wonderful visit with Grandpa Bob and Mema Joan.
And Vita didn't want to say goodbye, so we had lots of last minute hugs and kisses.