Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all Mom's!!! We're so happy to be healthy again. On Saturday morning we woke up bright and early and headed out to the Farmers Market. Can you believe how BIG Vita is getting? The light was hitting her curls... I just love those curls.

While we were out I picked up a new BPA / PVC / Phtylate free bowl that has a suction cup to keep it secured to the table. What a great idea! These days, Vita is so good at using a spoon or fork that even when I give her finger foods (like a few dry cheerios) she often eats them with a spoon.
For Mothers Day, I got a full night sleep (Ernie took charge of the late night tooth ache), breakfast, and I got to pick out lots of plants at the store and point to where I want Ernie to plant them. We did this last Mothers Day, and I think it's going to become a tradition. Also, Ernie took the camera so that I could get some nice mother daughter shots.
After a nap, Vita woke up feeling very snuggly, and we just cuddled in the rocking chair for a while.
Then we played in the sandbox in the backyard.
There is some kind of weird filter on this shot, so the colors are off, but I like it anyway. (No, we didn't paint the house pink.)
In the photo above you can see that Vita is holding a hand full of weeds. We have a terrible infestation of tickle weeds. Vita tried to hide out in her playhouse...
But the tickle weeds found her!
And yes, I am wearing pajama bottoms in the middle of the afternoon. You can do that on Mothers Day.