Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Bye Bye, Baby

One year ago tonight, at precisely this time in the evening, I was starting to wonder if I was finally going into labor. An hour later we headed to the hospital just in case, and an hour and a half after that Vita was born. My how our lives have changed. Vita is fast asleep at the moment, and Ernie and I have just hung a happy birthday banner, and some really big fluffy tissue paper flowers from the ceiling. Today was Vita's last day as an infant, and on her birthday tomorrow she will be a toddler. This morning, Vita learned how to blow kisses. As I left for work this morning, Ernie and Vita stood by the window and waved goodbye and blew kisses at me while I walked to my car. I looked up and waved back and blew kisses at Vita and I thought... Bye bye baby. Hello little girl.