Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

Today was filled with some of my favorite things... sunny weekends, time with my husband and daughter, the beach, new toys, pumpkins, etc. It was also filled with one of Vita's favorite things: brown paper packaging tied up with string. Another of my favorite things is Craig's List. This week I purchased a couple of great toys for Vita, and I got such good deals on them. Since some of Vita's favorite toys were nesting bowls and a wooden spoon, I thought Vita might enjoy having her own play kitchen, and we had a perfect spot for it. She really loves it! Since it was so sunny and warm today, we headed to the beach. However, it was much colder at the beach... so we didn't end up staying long. On the way home from the beach, I stopped in a little organic fruit stand, and Ernie took these great pictures while he was waiting. Such pretty eyes Vita has!

Finally, after lunch and nap, we headed back out to try to get a pumpkin. (You may recall that our last trip to a pumpkin patch didn't go very well. A dog barked at Vita, but the dog was hidden behind a pumpkin, so Vita thought the pumpkin had barked at her... and she's been suspicious of pumpkins ever since.) Vita ended up overcoming her fear of pumpkins!
"Is this a pumpkin I see before me... the handle in my hand?"
"What's in a name? That which we call a pumpkin by any other name would smell as sweet." There she goes reciting Shakespeare again.