Friday, July 18, 2008

Day Care

Well, I guess I have to admit my secret shame... As much as I was thrilled about Vita's quick recovery, I was also a little bit sad knowing that recovery would bring our eventual separation, my return to work, and Vita's enrollment in day care. The truth is, I would have been OK with Vita remaining at 99% recovered for just a little while longer. However, as the botulism episode has ended, a new adventure has begun. Vita has completed her first week in day care. She was just part time this week, and she'll continue her gradual transition next week. The following week she'll be in day care full time (about 6 hours and 45 minutes per day). She's doing great! I think she's really enjoying watching the other babies (she's not doing much interacting yet, just watching) and she loves circle time and story time and song time, and she even had her first SANDBOX time. She loved the sandbox, and we'll soon be building one of those in the backyard. I wish I could post pictures, but apparently you're not supposed to take pictures of other people's kids and post them on the internet. It's a shame, because the pictures would show that Vita is having a great time at daycare. Then, Vita is happy to see me when I pick her up, and we have not noticed any changes to her usual happy, confident, curious personality. I think it's really going to work out... phew! Soon, we'll be going on a Pirate Camping Trip, so expect another *interesting* post later this weekend. PS - got 30 seconds? Here's a cute video!