Wednesday, February 20, 2008

After the Holidays

The holidays were fun but exhausting! January has been slow and relaxing, with lots of snuggling and afternoon naps and leisurely walks and other lovely delights. New Years morning, mom and Vita sleep in late. Tiny little hand! Getting ready for bed. Vita is so tall that her feet slip out of her sleep sack! The feet will NOT be contained. Snuggly bear. Say what? Bleh. Happy! Sassy leopard dress. Trying to avoid the paparazzi. Space baby with her new jet pack (diaper bag). Ready for blast off. Look at those shoes! Ferrari red puma speedcats! Mysterio predicts she will be a Romance Novelist. Hmmm. Vita isn't always happy about having her diaper changed. Here's Vita in her car seat, helping me run some errands. And here's what I see when I look in my rear view mirror. This baby mirror is the coolest thing! Even though Vita is in a rear facing car seat, this mirrir allows me to see Vita, and Vita can see her own reflection, and she can see me too. As if that isn't enough, the mirror lights up and plays music, and is operated by a remote control so I can turn it on or off while I'm driving. At six weeks old, it was time for Vita to start to learn to drink from a bottle. She wasn't crazy about it at first, but she reluctantly went along with it. She finished the whole bottle!